There’s truth to the term “beauty sleep.” Most of us know that sleep is crucial to our mental and physical health, but it doesn’t stop there. Lack of sleep has a powerful affect on our skin. “Sleep is vital in order to regenerate and recharge every organ in the body including the skin,” says Ole. “You simply don’t function at your optimum level.” Luckily, you can do something about it! Read on for Ole’s tips for better sleep and better skin!
- Go to bed early and give yourself a consistent bedtime. “If you don’t allow yourself the time to get proper rest, you will tend to feel more fatigued and more on edge during the day,” says Ole.
- Always eat balanced, wholesome healthy foods. “Learn to make amazing meals and when you eat out, pick foods that are good for you and taste good,” he says. “This will help the renewal process of your skin from the inside out.”
- Keep alcohol consumption at a minimum. “If you have a glass of wine it’s not a big deal, but as with everything, moderation is key,” says Ole.
- Exercise daily, even just a little bit. “You need to use your body during the day,” he says. “If you are getting lots of oxygen each day, you pass out and sleep really well.”
- Have a nice soothing warm drink before bed. Choose caffeine free drinks like African red tea, chamomile or even warm milk with some honey.
- Express your gratitude every night. “As part of expressing gratitude for being part of this world, send out a little prayer to your god or to the universe,” he says. “Just be thankful for all the blessings you have.” Check out Ole’s tips for being more grateful.
- Never take pills to go to sleep. If you think you need pills, ask yourself what you might need to change in your life to feel more rested and rejuvenated each and every day. Choose natural treatments and improve your routine instead.
- Remember your nightly skin care routine. Make skin care a necessary part of your bedtime routine. Like brushing your teeth, your skin care regimen is an absolute must. Don’t have a routine yet? Find your personal skin care routine and read more about how to get healthy skin in your sleep.